Educational Requirements for Ministerial Credentials
There are four ways to complete the educational requirements for credentialing:
1. The Educational Requirements can be completed at an Assemblies of God college or university: Southeastern University offers online and traditional courses that meet the educational requirements for any level of credential. Students with a Bible, Theology, or a Ministry major at any Assemblies of God college or university are eligible to apply for a credential by completing:
Core of 24 Bible/Theology Credits
- total of 48 credits for certificate
- total of 72 credits for license
- total of 92 credits for ordination
2. The Educational Requirements can be completed at a non-Assemblies of God affiliated college or university as follows: A degree from a Bible college, university or seminary not affiliated with the Assemblies of God is acceptable provided the transcripts are available and follow the equivalent credit guidelines listed above. In addition the applicant must complete the correspondence course THE142 Assemblies of God History, Missions and Governance through Global University or through a GSOM class.
3. The Educational Requirements can be completed through distance education with Global University for accreditation or through Berean for ministerial credit. The Berean courses are institute level courses offered through Global University that give students the minimum educational requirements to be credentialed. Global University also offers undergraduate degrees.
4. The Educational Requirements can be completed through the GSOM (Georgia School of Ministry). GSOM is a classroom experience that offers the courses that meet the minimum educational requirements for credentialing.