The following qualifications pertain to all applicants for ministerial recognition:
- The applicant is expected to be able to articulate their own personal experience of coming to faith in Christ, water baptism by immersion, and having received the baptism in the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation (Acts 2:4).
- In addition, the applicant should be prepared to tell his or her story regarding their spiritual journey including how they experienced God's call into ministry.
- Applicants are expected to live an authentic Christian life, characterized by honesty, integrity, and the fruit of the Holy Spirit. (I Timothy 4:12).
- The applicant is expected to demonstrate a thorough understanding of, and agreement with, the doctrinal positions of the Assemblies of God as contained in the Statement of Fundamental Truths.
- Applicants are expected to be both familiar and in agreement with the core values, mission, and vision of the General Council of the Assemblies of God and Georgia Assemblies of God as contained in the General Council Constitution and Bylaws and Georgia Assemblies of God Bylaws and/or Governance Documents.
- Applicants agree to maintain a cooperative attitude with the General Council and Georgia Assemblies of God.
- Applicants are expected to be lifelong learners, and take advantage of learning opportunities, coaching, and mentoring from other leaders.
- Applicants are expected to model good financial stewardship skills.
- Applicants agree to contribute their tithe regularly to the Georgia Assemblies of God, and contribute dues annually as required by General Council.
- Applicants agree to a mandatory screening through a designated screening agency established by the Executive Presbytery.
- Applicants that are married, it is expected that the spouse of the credential applicant will be in agreement with and supportive of the candidate's call to ministry.